Post a Free Blog

Submit A Press Release

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
Filter by Categories
Action
Animation
ATP Tour (ATP)
Auto Racing
Baseball
Basketball
Boxing
Breaking News
Business
Business
Business Newsletter
Call of Duty (CALLOFDUTY)
Canadian Football League (CFL)
Car
Celebrity
Champions Tour (CHAMP)
Comedy
CONCACAF
Counter Strike Global Offensive (CSGO)
Crime
Defense of the Ancients (DOTA)
Documentary and Foreign
Drama
eSports
European Tour (EPGA)
Fashion
FIFA
FIFA Women’s World Cup (WWC)
FIFA World Cup (FIFA)
Fighting
Football
Formula 1 (F1)
Fortnite
Golf
Health
Hockey
Horror
IndyCar Series (INDY)
International Friendly (FRIENDLY)
Kids & Family
League of Legends (LOL)
LPGA
Madden
Major League Baseball (MLB)
Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
MLS
Movie and Music
Movie Trailers
Mystery
NASCAR Cup Series (NAS)
National Basketball Association (NBA)
National Football League (NFL)
National Hockey League (NHL)
National Women's Soccer (NWSL)
NBA Development League (NBAGL)
NBA2K
NCAA Baseball (NCAABBL)
NCAA Basketball (NCAAB)
NCAA Football (NCAAF)
NCAA Hockey (NCAAH)
Olympic Mens (OLYHKYM)
Other
Other Sports
Overwatch
PGA
Politics
Premier League (PREM)
Romance
Sci-Fi
Science
Soccer
Sports
Sports
Technology
Tennis
Thriller
Truck Series (TRUCK)
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)
Uncategorized
US
Valorant
Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA)
Women’s NCAA Basketball (WNCAAB)
World
World Cup Qualifier (WORLDCUP)
WTA Tour (WTA)
Xfinity (XFT)
XFL
0
-- Advertisement --spot_img
HomePoliticsMan sues New York state for $20 Million after exoneration for murder...

Man sues New York state for $20 Million after exoneration for murder of Malcolm X

Add to Favorite
Added to Favorite

 

A man who was wrongly convicted for the murder of a civil rights leader, Malcolm X who was assassinated in New York City on February 21, 1965 inside Harlem’s Audubon Ballroom, has sued New York state. The wrongfully convicted 83-year old man named Muhammad Aziz is suing the state for $20 million.

Muhammed Aziz, Khalil Islam and Mujahid Halim were three men who were charged with first degree murder of Malcolm X. Aziz spent 20 years in prison. He was released in 1985, while Islam was released in 1987 and died in 2009. Halim was imprisoned for life.

A Netflix special had questioned the veracity of the charges and the case against the convictions of both Aziz and Islam. In 2020, the office of Manhattan’s District Attorney Cyrus Vance reviewed the case. Both the convictions were vacated last month.

According to the lawsuit, Mujahid Halim had testified at a trial that he was the one who had shot the civil rights leader. He said that neither Aziz or Islam “had any involvement with the murder of Malcolm X.”

The suit also mentioned that Aziz had spent “20 years in prison for a crime he did not commit.” It also noted that that he had lived with “hardship and indignity” as he had been “unjustly branded as a convicted murderer” of Malcolm X who is undoubtedly “one of the most important civil rights leaders in history,” for 55 years of his life.

The Innocence Project and the lawyers for the men said that FBI documents and other evidence had been “withheld from both defense and prosecution” during the trial.

Aziz’s suit also mentions the physical injuries that he faced after being incarcerated in maximum security prisons in the Empire state. It also details the emotional and mental distress and other damages that he faced in different prisons throughout New York state. He was 26 years old when he was sent to prison and was 46 years old when he was released from prison.

Image Credit Wiki

 

Subscribe to get Latest News Updates

Latest News

You may like more
more