Post a Free Blog

Submit A Press Release

At CWEB, we are always looking to expand our network of strategic investors and partners. If you're interested in exploring investment opportunities or discussing potential partnerships and serious inquiries. Contact: jacque@cweb.com

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
Filter by Categories
Action
Animation
Anime
ATP Tour (ATP)
Auto Racing
Baseball
Basketball
Boxing
Breaking News
Business
Business
Business Newsletter
Call of Duty (CALLOFDUTY)
Canadian Football League (CFL)
Car
Celebrity
Champions Tour (CHAMP)
Comedy
CONCACAF
Counter Strike Global Offensive (CSGO)
Crime
Dark Comedy
Defense of the Ancients (DOTA)
Documentary and Foreign
Drama
eSports
European Tour (EPGA)
Fashion
FIFA
FIFA Women’s World Cup (WWC)
FIFA World Cup (FIFA)
Fighting
Football
Formula 1 (F1)
Fortnite
Golf
Health
Hockey
Horror
IndyCar Series (INDY)
International Friendly (FRIENDLY)
Kids & Family
League of Legends (LOL)
LPGA
Madden
Major League Baseball (MLB)
Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
MLS
Movie and Music
Movie Trailers
Music
Mystery
NASCAR Cup Series (NAS)
National Basketball Association (NBA)
National Football League (NFL)
National Hockey League (NHL)
National Women's Soccer (NWSL)
NBA Development League (NBAGL)
NBA2K
NCAA Baseball (NCAABBL)
NCAA Basketball (NCAAB)
NCAA Football (NCAAF)
NCAA Hockey (NCAAH)
Olympic Mens (OLYHKYM)
Other
Other Sports
Overwatch
PGA
Politics
Premier League (PREM)
Romance
Sci-Fi
Science
Soccer
Sports
Sports
Technology
Tennis
Thriller
Truck Series (TRUCK)
True Crime
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)
US
Valorant
Western
Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA)
Women’s NCAA Basketball (WNCAAB)
World
World Cup Qualifier (WORLDCUP)
WTA Tour (WTA)
Xfinity (XFT)
XFL
0
-- Advertisement --spot_img
HomeSportsAuto RacingF1 News: Aston Martin shuts down F1 testing as car problems persist

F1 News: Aston Martin shuts down F1 testing as car problems persist

Add to Favorite
Added to Favorite


Aston Martin ended its F1 preseason testing two hours early Friday on the final day at the Bahrain International Circuit amid ongoing technical issues.

Lance Stroll completed just six laps Friday, suffering a heavy lock-up and an off-track excursion, before the team announced it was limiting runs while investigating the problems.

Friday’s shortened session follows multiple days of challenges for Aston Martin, which recently switched from Mercedes to a Honda engine supply, making them the only F1 team to use the Japanese power units.

Fernando Alonso’s Thursday afternoon session also was interrupted by a power unit problem, and the Adrian Newey-designed car spent four hours in the garage Wednesday due to a power unit issue.

“Our last run with Fernando Alonso yesterday showed a battery-related issue that impacted our test plan with the Aston Martin F1 team,” Honda announced via social media on Friday morning.

“Since then, we have been carrying out simulations on the test bench in HRC Sakura. Due to this and a shortage of power unit parts, we have adapted today’s run plan to be very limited and consist only of short stints.”

Aston Martin team representative and former F1 driver Pedro de La Rosa told F1 TV they are not where they wanted to be at this stage and that “there’s a lot of work to be done still behind the scenes” to prepare for the start of the season at the Melbourne Grand Prix in March.

“It’s a new set of regulations, everything is new. We have a new partner in Honda, new gearbox, new rear suspension. There’s so many things, actually, that we already have a very good understanding on, and we really know the places and the areas of the car we need to focus on,”
de La Rosa said.

“So, it’s not where we wanted to be. We would have preferred to do many more laps, but the amount of laps we have done is showing us a direction for the future.”

However, de La Rosa expressed confidence in the new partnership.

“But we have great partners, we have Honda. We have a fantastic campus and people working flat-out, trying to get us to the best possible compromise for Australia,” de La Rosa said.

–Field Level Media

Subscribe to get Latest News Updates

Latest News

You may like more
more

NHL News: Is 40-year-old Alex Ovechkin planning to retire? ‘We’ll see’

Alex Ovechkin plans to decide his future sometime after...

Boxing News: Jake Paul has second jaw surgery two months after bout

Jake Paul announced Friday over social media that he...